Different layouts that is being set on ICM scripting

Answered Question
Apr 21st, 2008

Hello experts,

I have a contact center environment that needs to use a few different layouts. I use CADs as agent interface, IPCC Enterprise is present with CVP. I tried the documentation "Desktop Administrator 7.2" step by step about custom layouts but it simply doesnt work. I always get the default layout on the CAD even though (I think I set it correctly) I set the ECC (user.testLayout) to the name of the newly created layout (test) (Call.user.testLayout) = "test" I deleted the Layout [252] on Desktop Administrator (as instructed on the guide) and recreated the 252 indexed field as testLayout.

I feel like everything I do is right, however it does not work.

Please help

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Fri, 07/04/2008 - 13:53

I am trying just to add ECC Variables in ICM and call them under CAD, and none of the ECC's are working. This is the default Layout. I have been able to successfully add ICM predefined variables to the layout and pass data to CAD, however I am having problems adding my own ECC's to CAD. Is there a trick or something I am missing? Please advise and thanks for the help!

Chad

Chad,

There is a "trick", though it's well known. ;-)

Create an ECC variable called "userFoo" and it can then be added to your Layout using Desktop Administrator in a two stage process. First add the Field as "Foo" - choose the next index. Then add "Foo" to your layout.

It will appear in the Cisco Agent Desktop as "Foo". As I said above, the naming convention is strict.

See Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide 7.2 page 54 for an excellent description. Note the comment at the bottom of page 54 on the naming convention!

Regards,

Geoff

Chad Stachowicz Sat, 07/05/2008 - 08:17

Geoff,

That fixed me up right away! Great information, and thanks for always helping me out!

Cheers,

Chad

Chad Stachowicz Sun, 07/06/2008 - 00:49

Geoff,

Had to come back after testing a bunch of things and getting custom layouts working no problem after reading this post! Great guidance always!

Cheers,

Chad

Actions

This Discussion