Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing between multiple proxies with CSS

proxel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

one of my customers already uses a proxy in order not just to cache traffic but even to implement some rules.

A single proxy is no more sufficient, so he wants to use multiple proxies with the same configuration and wants to balance traffic between the 2 proxies (maintaining the control on the proxies rules).

I did it with a couple of CSS 11503, configuring the old "proxy address" (i.e. 10.0.0.240) as a "VIP address" on the CSSs, whereas the proxies reside on a back-end LAN (i.e. 10.10.10.0).

Now when a client issues a request, this request is correctly balanced between the two proxies, but the selected proxy forwards the request to Internet using its own address (10.10.10.X) and the CSS doesn't translate it back in the original 10.0.0.240 address. This is a problem because the original 10.0.0.240 address is also configured on some destination servers as a trusted address...

In other words I need to use the 10.0.0.240 address both in the client's browser configuration and as the sorce address of the packet that arrives at destination.

Does someone know a suggestion to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance

Stefano

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Creating and implementing rules on CSS 11500 SERIES CONTENT SERVICE SWITCHES is explained with examples in the document present in the following url.this will be helping u a lot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.10/configuration/content_lb/guide/ContRule

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: