Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to ping bettween LAN's across an IPVPN network

nikhil.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing awird problem. I have a customer who has a LAN in Korea and a LAN in Leeds, UK. He is unable to ping between the LANs across a MPLS network.

I can ping from PE in Korea to LAN in Leeds and from PE in Leeds to LAN in Korea.

However, when I do an extended ping from Korea CE to Leeds CE using the "record "route option then I am able to ping across the LANs bidirectionally.

Without the record option I cannot ping.

The CE's are directly connected to the PE's and are also connected to the Customer LAN.

Not sure what can be the issue that the I can ping with the record option and I can ping from the PE's but I cant ping from the CE to CE.

ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-nikhil

2 Replies 2

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

Can you give more details as to what service are you running, BGP-VPNs/EoMPLS/VPLS??? Also the ping with record route and without it is an extended ping with same source and destination ip in both the cases?

Regards,

Niranjan

Hi,

I am running MPLS VPN. Yes, the ping with the record route and without the record route is with the same source and destination adress.

I am still not sure as when the PE can ping across why cant the Directly connected Ce ping?

Thanks in advance,

-nikhil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: