Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Pager notification device question

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to add a third pager device to notify an end user of new voicemail? There are already two pagers that can be set up by default, an end user would like to have a third one as well.

-Shikamaru

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shikamaru,

Hope all is well with you :) Maybe you could leverage this good feature to accomplish what you need;

Cascading Message Notification

Cascading message notification allows you to set up a series of notifications to a widening circle of recipients.

For example, to create a hierarchy of message notifications for your Technical Support department, set the first message notification to be sent immediately to the pager of the front-line technical support representative. The next notification can be sent after a delay of 15 minutes to the pager of the department manager. A third notification can be sent after a delay of 30 minutes to an employee in the Problem Resolution Group.

Notifications continue to cascade according to the options you selected until the message has been saved or deleted by a recipient.

From this good Unity doc;

Cascading Message Notification

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ba782.html#15061

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Hope all is well up north ;) This is worth noting, I'm sure it will come up. I thought about it a bit and realized that the fields for pager and any other device are identical. I'm pretty sure I can configure the 3rd pager on the Work Phone device and it should work okay if I configure it like the Pager, no?

-Shikamaru