Unanswered Question

Hello everybody

I have a problem with my ciscoview, when I had tried configuration a vlan to interface, the follow message appear:

Timeout on x.x.x.x Could be due to lack of access to the host, invalid SNMP credentials, or a busy device. Verify access, SNMP credentials or increasing timeout value through the preference options.

All devices have the command snmp-server community "###" RO,may be this the problem??

I tested whit a switch, I changed the community to RW and the problem is the same.

--other question, in >common services >softwre center>device update appaer 7 product name: campus manager, ciscoworks common services, ciscoview, DFM, IPM, integration utility and RME, where only Ciscoview(245) and RME(466) have Device type count, is this normal?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Mon, 04/21/2008 - 09:57

You will need to have a valid read-write community string configured on your switch AND in DCR in order to perform edit operations on the switches in CiscoView.

As for the Device Update issue, yes, this is normal. Only CiscoView and RME use the modualr device packages.

This Discussion