cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

presense on VMware for lab eval

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

anybody managed to get presense ver 6.0 working on vmware ? i get right to end of install after connectivity checks pass and recieve fatal error. This is for lab enviroment not production !

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should work. I have, with Maintenance Release 6.0(2), which has support for VMWare usage of Presence for a lab environment.

Hi

could you send me the config file for the vm or just the info on disk size and mem you have used, also what disk type ideo or scsi.

many thanks

you can use a scsi harddrive. Make sure its 80gb or more. Set the ram to over 2GB. This can be turned down once you install. Every thing else is default.

Just to let you know. You must have CCM6.0 installed and running while your doing the install it will not work. CCM can be on vmware or hardware doesnt mater. Also Make sure you add the CUPS server as a application server in ccm before you start the install.

HTH

Matt

worked a treat, i changed the drive type to ide, all working now.

Could you please provide the steps to install presence 6.x on Vmware?

what is the vmware version? I tried on DL320-G2 but it does not support presence 6.x even though it support UCM 6.x

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: