cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Assignment on PFC QOS

frank
Level 1
Level 1

As I understand that we can NOT assign specific bandwidth to any P and Q queue with PFC QOS configuration, can I use “wrr-queue bandwidth” and “wrr-queue queue-limit” or any other way to achieve the requirement as following:

It is WS-6724 (1p3q8t) with policing up to 300M from the carrier and want to have 5M of COS 5 traffic and remained 50% for COS3/4, 20% for COS2 and 30% for the rest.

This 7606 doesn't have SIP so we can't use MQC QOS nor the policy maps.

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Can you please provide a brief topology description specifying the direction of the traffic you want to apply the policing/queuing and in which interface(s) and direction you want to apply it?

To know about these commands you can use the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.1E/command/reference/w1.html#wpxref43985

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.1E/command/reference/w1.html#wp1038823

Thanks for the reply.

Our 7606 Gi3/24 connects to PE router, the PE have policing to 300M for ingress traffic and limited the EF (COS 5) traffic to 5M.

I am trying to setup egress queue on my Gi3/24 facing PE for the requirement as following:

5M of COS 5 traffic and remained 50% for COS3/4, 20% for COS2 and 30% for the rest.

Seems "wrr-queue queue-limit" only for WRR, how to assign bandwidth for priority queue?

you can specify the wrr-queue queue size (Q1 to Q3) by using the 'wrr-queue queue-limit'. The remain percentage from your configuration will be implicitly applied to PQ. List if you use 'wrr-queue queue-limit 5 25 40', this will leave 30% queue size to PQ. My own question is that is this sufficient to limit the PQ bandwidth?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: