Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Settings for NIC cards on call managers

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

What is the Cisco recommendation for setting port speed on the servers.

I know on older servers that were 100 meg nic cards, you hard coded as 100meg full duplex on the call manager as well as the switchport

what is the official stance on the new 1gig server NIC, since you can't hardcode 1000 on an IOS. (unless i am missing something)

thanks!

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See the link below which says:

"For 1000 Mbps, Cisco recommends using Auto/Auto for speed and duplex configuration on both the NIC and the switch port."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/callpros.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

thanks!

I thought thats what it was but couldn't find the link you had.

We are having some weird issues that we are trying to resolve and I wanted to cross off speed/ duplex as an issue.

Hi,

I've been asked to change the NIC on my CUCM servers from auto/auto to 100 full. We had new CUCM servers installed, and they were left on auto. The switch is set to 100/full and getting mismatch errors constantly.

Can someone tell me how to change the NIC speed? 7825H3 CUCM 6.1.3

Thanks so much,

Liz

Liz,

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080772bb9.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

I will try tomorrow morning as this:

"If you continue, this command causes a temporary loss of network connections while the NIC gets reset. Do you want to continue ?"

leads me to believe the phones will reset. I can't do this during business hours. Do you agree?

Your phones will not necessarily reset, but I would recommend doing this after hours.

Brandon

Thanks again Brandon,

I don't make changes via CLI and I'm super nervous. I ran the show command and got:

admin:Auto enabled, Half, 100MB/s

I need to know what to type to change to 100/full without auto.

I've know this much:

set network nic eth0

but don't know the rest.

Can you help?

The command would be:

set network nic eth0 auto dis speed 100 duplex full

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

I made the changes this morning, without dropping the phones. I couldn't type the whole line, but had to do each alone. But, they took and I'm happy.

Thanks again and sorry for hijacking this tread!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: