Scoring on the CCNA

Unanswered Question
Apr 21st, 2008
User Badges:

How is the CCNA scored? I have read brief descriptions on Cisco website, but I could not find the answer. Specifically the routing simulators, is this weighted differently then other questions, or are all the question weighted the same?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jim_berlow Mon, 04/21/2008 - 13:05
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I don't think anyone knows for sure how weighted the simulator is. Nonetheless, the pass percentage for the CCNA doesn't give you much room for error (even if it was evenly weighted). I would recommend practicing as much as you can so that you don't have to worry about how weighted the simulator is.

Sorry, I don't have more info on that!

Jim

jrensink78 Mon, 04/21/2008 - 13:35
User Badges:

I can pretty much say for sure that not all questions are weighted the same. Supposedly there can be questions that don't count for anything (from what I have read).

Nobody outside of Cisco could say with any authority specifically how any questions are weighted. If I were a betting man, I would put down money that the simulations are weighted more than the average question. But that is pure speculation.

The important thing to know is that you will probably see most question formats on the test, so you will want to be prepared. Having a home lab is a great asset in practicing. If you don't have that, simulators are not bad for CCNA level. Also, check out Dynamips for routing practice.

It's been a couple of years since I did my CCNA, but I got by with the simluator questions included in my study books (Cisco Press and Sybex publishers).

Actions

This Discussion