cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS - Policy routing

ccanning
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement for the servers behind my CSS to access the internet. Currently I have ecmp enabled with two default routes specified. Is there anyway I can specify that when the servers initiate traffic out to the internet, that they only use a single specified default route vs load sharing across the two default routes currently defined?

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can create a service with your prefered default gateway ip address and then use an acl to catch the server initiated connection and use the option 'prefer ' to force the traffic to go in that direction.

Make sure to configure the service as transparent to avoid nating the destination ip address.

Gilles

Gille,

Just to clarify, that I understood correctly. I also need to created a source group so that all servers appear as a single ip (see config below)

!

service server1

ip add 172.16.1.10

!

service server2

ip add 172.16.1.11

!

group all-servers

vip address 10.0.0.100

add service server1

add service server2

active

!

service def-gwy-server

ip address 10.0.0.1

type transparent-cache

!

!

acl 2

clause 10 permit any any destination any source-group all-servers prefer def-gwy-server

clause 15 permit any any destination any

correct.

Except that if you define the service under the group, you do not need to use the source-group option in the acl.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: