Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS accounting

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have configure the ACS with tacacs

but I am not able to see complete logging of all commands that I am using during the session. I configure the following things on router

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default group radius local

aaa authorization exec authorization group radius

aaa accounting commands 15 accounting start-stop group radius

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group radius

aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius

radius-server host 172.28.31.132

radius-server key waridtel0321

ip radius source-interface gig 0/1

Please tell me how i can see which activities user has performed during the session. detail of command.

Can i use tacacs for authentication and radius for accounting. I tried it but it didnt work for me.

Please guide I will be very greatful to you.

in Tacacs accounting CSV file, it shows me only login time, user id and service shell, i want to see detail of command that user has used during the session

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

wasim

When you look in the Accounting CSV you will see information about session start and stop etc. That is not where you will see report of commands issued. Look in the Administration CSV and you should see information about commands issued.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

My dear friend, I am able to see commands detail only when I configure devices for tacacs, but when i configure them for radius, i am only able to see start and stop activity as mentioned in the sheet, but for radius there is no tab like we have for TACACS ADMINSITRATION.

In ACS Report and activity i can only see RADIUS accounting tab the Radius administration. Please tell me how can i see the same command detail as i can see in tacacs, i have updgraded the patch too. but still not able to get the detail in radius.

though i have heard that radius is more powerful and effecient than tacacs in case of accounting.

Dear Wasim,

Command accounting is only possible via Tacacs and not radius.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks for the reply, now I want to configure windows domain controller to work with ACS, is that possible if yes what will be the configuration steps.

I want to use windows users to use for authentication purposes, ACS use windows username and password use for authentication.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: