cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Monitoring Tool?

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just went through the 3rd unsuccessful attempt to migrate a cluster from ccm 4.2.3. Attempts number 2 and 3 were reasonably successful, but since the customer uses 3rd party software relying on TAPI for the operator and cti, a less than 100% working solution in that department wasn't acceptable.

Yesterday we went up to 6.1.1b and still we get weird effects in TAPI where lines would show up with the wrong MAC (and thus cannot be CTI controlled), or lines not showing up at all after logging in via EM (the previous line that belongs to the phone versus the UDP is still visible in TAPI).

I have my own JTAPI montitoring tool which spits out all device and line events.. so I see if a phone goes down, goes back up and when lines are added to or removed from the system (which happens during EM login/logout) and I was wondering if there's something similar for TAPI out there. We have a tool for the SamWin software (also TAPI based) but it only works for SamWin and it doesn't update automatically either, neither does the Telephony snapin to the windows management console.

So I'm wondering, if you're using a TAPI based 3rd party soft, what kind of tapi monitoring tool do you need if you need to figure out which lines are available from outside the third party software?

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: