cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CME support Wireless Headsets (HHC) ?

gmahr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

are Wireless Headsets (Netcom GN 9120 Duo) with the HHC Adaptor and 7962 Phones supported on CME ?

If no, when will they be supported ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CME as no role in an headset operation. You can have that FW on the phone and that be it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, cisco phones support any headset that works on the headset socket specifications.

So you have to check with the manufacturer of the headset, if it is compatible with cisco phones.

Hi,

we already checked with the manufacturer (www.gnnetcom.com).

They state (because we want to use HHC) we must use 79X2 or 79X5 with firmware 8.3(3) and Callmanger 4.1(3) or higher.

But I need the information if HHC also works with CME.

CME as no role in an headset operation. You can have that FW on the phone and that be it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerhard/Paolo,

I don't think this headset HHC adaptor will work with CME at this point in time. We have done a fair bit of research on this product as our users are really wanting to be able to answer/disconnect calls via the "Headset" itself without the use of a Lifter. The HHC is a brand new integration piece (Headset Hookswitch Control) that will allow this to work on newer CCM versions. (see attached)

You need to be able to configure this new CCM setting on the phones (7945,7965,7942,7963,7975) before this control can take place.

"Settings-->Device Configuration-->Media Configuration-->Headset Hookswitch Control"

This config is not yet available in CME :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

I should have studied before answering..

Apologies for any confusion I've caused. I've rated Rob's post. Unlike me, he did studied the matter!

Hi Paolo,

No worries my friend :) The only reason I know anything about this product is by trying to configure it with the wrong CCM Version and the wrong IP Phone model. As they say, you learn from your mistakes (which I have made many with this one).

This is very new and there is limited documentation out there for it. Even the manufacturer doesn't have much. It is going to be the "cadillac" of Headset setups when it all comes together!

Take care,

Huff

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Guys,

Just as an FYI I forgot to add that this support in CCM is not available in CCM 4.1(3)SR5 (contrary to the docs) but does seem to be working in CCM 4.2(3)SR3.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: