Views
Helpful
Replies

Concentrator VRRP Configuration

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help in configuring the VRRP on vpn concentrator. First I wana tell you how i configure my concentrator.

I enable VRRP, group ID and share addresses which is configured on master (my concentrator 1)

Then i copy its configuration and after modifying the public and private IP addresses I load it on my 2nd concentrator,

After upload, my 2nd concentrator is only able to access I am not able to access my 1st concentrator.

Shall I modify the configuration on 2nd concentrator for VRRP as backup or it is normal behaviour, I am using static routes and all rotues are point towards the IP of concentrator 1.

Tunnel will be made on Concentrator 1 Public Ip addresses.

If I reboot my 2nd concentrator during the time it comes back i am able to access the concentrator 1 as soon as it comes it, it is again not accessible.

how the configuration replicate, if i configure tunnel on concentrator 2, how to upload on concentrator 1. bcz I am not able to access it.

Shall i change configuration on concentrator 2 as backup VRRP Role.

Please guide

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

VRRP applies only to configurations where two or more VPN Concentrators operate in parallel. All participating VPN Concentrators have identical user, group, and LAN-to-LAN settings. You can refer this documetn for more information on configuring VRRP:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vrrp.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: