Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel Interfaces and Crypto Maps

technical
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can any one tell me if Tunnel Interface VPN's can be used on a router already configured with Crypto Maps?

Many Thanks,

Tracey Hill

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tracey

I am not clear what you are really asking here. What do you mean by a tunnel interface VPN?

If the router already has crypto maps are the maps for Remote Access VPNs or for Site to Site VPN?

In general I believe that the answer is that a router can support multiple types of VPN connections including Site to Site and Remote Access and can support VPN connections to multiple remote locations.

If this has not been an adequate answer to your question then please clarify the question so that we can do better.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I would like to configure 'Virtal Tunnel Interfaces' on a router already configured with Crytpo Maps, these Crypto Maps are providing Site to Site VPN not Remote Access.

I just wanted to be clear that they would run together without a problem before I spend time on a new design.

Many Thanks,

Tracey.

Tracey

It is now much more clear. I do not have much experience with Virtual Tunnel Interfaces and am not in a position to say whether they would work well with established crypto map tunnels or not.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card