I observe this 7911, 7945 ,,,

Are there any solution?

4 Replies 4

andym1iptech
Level 1
Level 1

We get this a lot

Just key Settings then **#**

This will reset the phone till the next time.

Not aware of a permanent fix for this

Try configuring "auto-line incoming" under the ephones in question. This should remedy your issue.

Hope that helps, if so please rate post.

We have exactly the same problem on CallManager (not express). Is there a "auto-line incoming" equivalent int CCM?

Resetting the phone will not satisfy our costumer..

Is there a bugID for this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan

Hi Gert-Jan,

I'm 99% sure its RMA time for these phones. This is most likely a problem with the Hookswitch. After deploying Cisco IP Phones for the last few years we (and many others) have found this to be the most common hardware problem.

There is a "Best Practice" for cleaning the Hookswitch contacts (link below) that does work on occasion. Usually the phone has to be replaced/RMA'd.

Best?? Practices for Cleaning and Troubleshooting Cisco IP Phone Hookswitch

From this interesting Tech note;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00801c0810.shtml

There was also a problem with the 7.2 phone firmware that caused similar looking symptoms for the 3rd generation phones like the 7970/7961/7941. This could be rectified in the short term by booting the phone. If your issue can be fixed by resetting the phone and you are running 7.2 firmware, let me know and I will find you the Bug.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: