Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3020 blade switch for HP

dd99onedd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My server group recently purchased a HP c7000 enclosure with 4 Cisco 3020 blade switches. Has anyone deal with this type of setup before? Any suggestions on how should I connect the 4 Cisco 3020 blade switches to my 2 Cisco 6513 Aggregation switches via layer 2 link. Does anyone have any best practice documentations on this type of setup?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco have a design doc for integrating these blades into the data centre.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns304/c649/ccmigration_09186a00807ed7e1.pdf

There are also other useful docs at

www.cisco.com/go/srnd

In our data centre we have a pair of distribution switches (6500's) and we connect each blade switch to both 6500's.

Jon

Thanks for the reply. I read those documents and they only refer to enclosures that have 2 blade switches. Since I have 4 blade switches and if I connect each blade switch to both 6513 switches, should I disable the internal cross-connect between switches or enable them such as follow:

<--> means "internal cross-connection"

Switch 1A <--> Switch 1B

Switch 2A <--> Switch 2B

Thanks

We disable the internal cross connect between blade switches.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: