Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 QoS

aretsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

A SP has two 7600-Sup720 on the distribution layer operating as a L3 device (all the ports are configured as no switchports), they are using the 6724-GE linecard (simple LAN card). Now I need to apply QoS on those LAN ports.

My question is: Can I use LLQ or CBWFQ on those ports? or what type of QoS do I need to use (PFC QoS)?

Thanks for your answer.

Alex

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alex

As you suggest PFC QoS is how QOS is implemented on the 6500/7600 devices. See attached link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SXF/configuration/guide/qos.html

Jon

Thanks Jon,

As far as i have read i cannot use the priority or bandwidht commands on a LAN card, so according with the document I need to user wrr-queue to configure queueing, is this right?

For (re)marking of packets I can use the internal maps (dscp to mpls and viceversa) or I can also use MQC for this, correct?

Regards!

Alex

Alex

Attached is the config from a 6724-SFP port in one of our 6500 switches

interface GigabitEthernet1/3

description *** Link to NW-MSQ1-F00-SW2 1/3 ***

no ip address

wrr-queue bandwidth 50 20 26

priority-queue queue-limit 4

wrr-queue threshold 1 40 100 2 40 100 3 40 100

wrr-queue cos-map 1 2 3 4

wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 1 2

wrr-queue cos-map 3 1 0

wrr-queue cos-map 3 2 6 7

mls qos trust dscp

channel-group 2 mode desirable

We have used the internal cos-to-dscp and dscp-to-cos to re(mark) packets.

Jon

Jon, thanks for your answer!

Just one more question: is this configuration valid if I am using the 6724 ports as L3 ports (no switchport)? I think the configuration is the same, i just have to take into consideration the DSCP to MPLS EXP mapping, is this correct?

Thanks for all your help!

Alex