Views
Helpful
Replies

extension mobility

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

Customer has a 6.1 call manager and plans to implement extension mobility. They want to assign the user profile as the device default but the Cisco doc says:

"Cisco strongly recommends that you configure Cisco Extension Mobility to use the autogenerated device

profile as the logout profile, not the user device profile."

Does anyone know why ?

What problems can I run into if a user profile is used as the logout profile for the device?

thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

Hi Rob,

What I can think of is that the default autogenerated device profile would have the minimum call access. Having a user device profile as a logout profile might have extra excess on the phone like STD or ISD access.

Apart from this I don't see any other reasons for this recommendation.

Can someone else throw some light on this.

-> Sushil

mchondo
Level 1
Level 1

We use extension mobility with over 500 end users. Build the phones like you normally would. Make sure to check mark Enable Extension Mobility Feature. And the log out profile should be

Make sure you have your subscribe/unsubscribe services for extension mobility login/logout and assign to device.

Then, build your mobility profiles for Jane Doe, extension, CSS and partion. What ever normally you would assign.

example: you have 10 people who come to the phone to login, do some work, logout. next person, logins, does some work, takes calls, logouts.

The phone is always returned to the basic device setting when you first built the phone.

Yes. thanks, I have set them up in this manner before.

The reason for using the user assigned device profile as the logout is as follows:

Most users have their own workspace w/ phone. THey are at this location 99% of the time.

When they web into user page and change speed dials, for example, it only needs to be done in one spot - the profile. Otherwise they would need to change profile and phone.

Also, they do not need to login at their own desk every day.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: