Updating Telnet Credentials

Answered Question
Apr 22nd, 2008

I am running LMS 2.6 and since we can't set a default for the telnet credentials, I'd like to know if there is a way to run a job that sets these passwords on all devices at the same time? All devices have different community strings so I don't want those to all be the same. Is there a way to just change the Telnet Passwords all at the same time? thanks, marcie

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 7 months ago

Do NOT touch any field you do not want to change. Just change the fields that should apply to all devices.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 04/22/2008 - 10:50

Sure. Just go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, select all your devices, then click on Edit Credentials. Only fill in the telnet credentials, then click Finish.

sirbaughmf Tue, 04/22/2008 - 11:15

Ok, but I just want to make sure of one thing...when I do that and bring up Standard Credentials page there appears to be entries for the community strings (dots)....should I delete these? Will that remove them from the DB when I apply?

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Tue, 04/22/2008 - 11:24

Do NOT touch any field you do not want to change. Just change the fields that should apply to all devices.

Actions

This Discussion