cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Telnet Credentials

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 2.6 and since we can't set a default for the telnet credentials, I'd like to know if there is a way to run a job that sets these passwords on all devices at the same time? All devices have different community strings so I don't want those to all be the same. Is there a way to just change the Telnet Passwords all at the same time? thanks, marcie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do NOT touch any field you do not want to change. Just change the fields that should apply to all devices.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure. Just go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, select all your devices, then click on Edit Credentials. Only fill in the telnet credentials, then click Finish.

Ok, but I just want to make sure of one thing...when I do that and bring up Standard Credentials page there appears to be entries for the community strings (dots)....should I delete these? Will that remove them from the DB when I apply?

Do NOT touch any field you do not want to change. Just change the fields that should apply to all devices.

thank you!