cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Telnet Credentials

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 2.6 and since we can't set a default for the telnet credentials, I'd like to know if there is a way to run a job that sets these passwords on all devices at the same time? All devices have different community strings so I don't want those to all be the same. Is there a way to just change the Telnet Passwords all at the same time? thanks, marcie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do NOT touch any field you do not want to change. Just change the fields that should apply to all devices.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure. Just go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, select all your devices, then click on Edit Credentials. Only fill in the telnet credentials, then click Finish.

Ok, but I just want to make sure of one thing...when I do that and bring up Standard Credentials page there appears to be entries for the community strings (dots)....should I delete these? Will that remove them from the DB when I apply?

Do NOT touch any field you do not want to change. Just change the fields that should apply to all devices.

thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: