Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing MCS (UCM 5.1) - IP Phones stuck in Configuration CM List

matt.frenaux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to replace 2 MCS-7825 by 2 MCS-7835.

The 2 clusters have the same version : 5.1.2b.

I do not make a backup/restore of the data because the old installation is bad.

So my MCS-7835s are a fresh install of UCM 5.1.2b, and I had all the phones/UDP... with BAT.

In 2 days I will replace the old CMs IP address by the new CMs IP address in the TFTP option of the phones DHCP pool.

Today, I made a test by setting an alternate TFTP address on 2 phones, and they do not register on the new CM :

-They download their firmware from the new Pub;

-They stuck in "Configuration IP/Configuration CM List".

Does someone know what kind of issue I meet ?

6 Replies 6

damolasolanke
Level 1
Level 1

If you are replacing, have you checked your licenses?

You might also need to restart the call manager service if you made any configuration changes.

all the best.

go to the TFTP server service parameters, click advanced then change

Build CNF Files* -> Build All

restart TFTP and try again, make sure the servers in the CUCM group have IPs and not hostnames to avoid DNS issues.

also as mentioned verify that the CUCM services are running on the replacement servers, you need to send you current license to licensing@cisco.com to have it rehosted to the new PUBs MAC address

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

It's not a license issue : I've got new Node licenses for MCS-7835 and all the DLUs are rehosted with my Publisher MAC address.

I've just tried "Build All" in Service TFTP Parameters but it does not work.

have you verified proper DNS resolution?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

DNS resolution is OK.

I found a workaround today, but I do not have any explaination! I have a SR open about this issue.

I've added all the phones with the BAT.

I do not meet the issue with any phone manually created.

So, for each phone inserted with the BAT, I have to click "Save" on the Device web page configuration on CCMAdmin.

Immediately, the phone registers.

I sent a sniffer capture to the TAC and I will try to know why I met this issue.

Now there is no more emergency, I will be able to move all the phones on the new cluster on Saturday.

the old dummy refresh, for some reason when you do stuff it does not work until you change something or click on the update as you did.

i've never found a root cause for this, hopefully they can give some more insight

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: