cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 5.1.2 DHCP Question

spotlight41
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a DHCP server configured on UCM. I want to move this to the switch that the UCM and all my phones are connected to. Do I need to delete the DHCP server from the UCM as I configure DHCP on the switch due to broadcast? Is there just a way to disable it, or do I have to delete it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you have got it right. You are currently running DHCP on the CallManager. Disabling this service will disable DHCP on the CallManager and you would be able to use another DHCP server [switch in your case] for the IP Phones.

HTH

->Sushil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

You can disable the DHCP Monitor Service from serviceability window of Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Once this is done delete the DHCP server. System > DHCP > DHCP Server

-> Sushil

That's right

Just to clarify, disabling the DHCP Monitor Service will still allow me to hand out DHCP from another source (switch)? DHCP Monitor Service is only used if you are using UCM as the DHCP server?

Yes, you have got it right. You are currently running DHCP on the CallManager. Disabling this service will disable DHCP on the CallManager and you would be able to use another DHCP server [switch in your case] for the IP Phones.

HTH

->Sushil

Thank you very much Sushil.

No problem man!

I was able to remove dhcp server from CUCM and then enable on switch, however, the Linux Kernel didn't recognize that I killed the dhcp server, so it was still handing out addresses. We couldn't figure out how this was happening because there was no dhcp server on the CUCM anymore. TAC dialed in and SSHed to my Publisher. He found that the dhcpd service was still running even though we had killed it. Odd! Anyhow, after he stopped it, all was good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: