cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

It is possible to limit the duration of the calls?

juan_m_12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i want to limit the duration of some of the calls to 10 min. i found a parameter called "Maximum Call Duration Timer" but according to the description it affects every call in that server, i want this limited only to calls that are routed to (or from) a gateway in paticular, i want limit the duration from IP to IP phones to 2 hours, is this possible to do this two things?

we got a CCM 4.2 and every IP Phone is 7906G model

regards.

Juan Manuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As javalenc mentioned that's the only thing available on CCM.

What I was thinking of was to block the traffic coming from the selected IP Phones based on the delta time. I know that time based ACLs are available but I don't think that it would work based on delta value.

Logic - Call is initiated from an IP Address which we are tracking, the clock starts ticking after 10 mins the RTP stream i blocked by ACL, the object goes down untill call is reinitiated from the same IP address and the process goes on.

I think I am just fancying whihc is not possible to achieve on the router.

-> Sushil

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is the only parameter but as you found out is cluster-wide, CUCM has no other field that can limit the duration of the calls other than the one you found out

unfortunately there is no way to do so for just some phones, clusterwide only and only 1 value for the minutes

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

As javalenc mentioned that's the only thing available on CCM.

What I was thinking of was to block the traffic coming from the selected IP Phones based on the delta time. I know that time based ACLs are available but I don't think that it would work based on delta value.

Logic - Call is initiated from an IP Address which we are tracking, the clock starts ticking after 10 mins the RTP stream i blocked by ACL, the object goes down untill call is reinitiated from the same IP address and the process goes on.

I think I am just fancying whihc is not possible to achieve on the router.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: