Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS - Unable to Add Controller for Management

lmslattery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to WCS 5.0.56.2 (For Linux) and have 3 4400 WLC's running 4.2.61 being managed successfully by WCS. I'm now trying to add another 4400 Running 5.0.148 howver I'm receiving the following error in WCS when I try:

"Failed to add device to WCS Reason: SNMP operation to Device failed: Sparse table not supported"

This looks suspiciously similar to Bug ID CSCsk51608 however it doesn't apply to the version I'm running.

Anybody have any clues apart from downgrading the WLC or loggnig a TAC case ?

Thanks,

Leon

4 Replies 4

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

How is the controller connected to the network? If it is going through a vpn tunnel then there is a pdu setting that must be reduced from 100 to 50. The actual setting methodology is in the configuration guide under the section pertaining to adding controllers.

Help me get past my issues :-) Thanks.

It turned out that there was no IP assigned to the ap-manager interface , So WCS spat the dummy when trying to add the controller. After adding an IP to the AP-Manager the problem was resolved.

Leon

This was something I had never seen nor heard of before. I'm adding it to my list of seldom seen issues. Thanks for the info.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card