cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route leaking in multicast vrf

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

in a isp a common vrf is setup for the multicast group which is being usd internally. For clients we are having multiple mdt's. Now my clinet wants to join my common muticast vrf. IS this possible to leak the routes in multicasting.

regards

shivlu

6 Replies 6

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

It can be done,(however I haven't done it myself). Have a look at this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipmulti/configuration/guide/imc_mc_vpn_extranet.html

/Mikael

thanks dear but can u let me know one thing are there any pros and cons of this.One more thing if i am having one common vrf and i want to add in the 600 PE of vrf a. can we add in the single command.

regards

shivlu

Hi

pros= easy to configure, cons= you must have route-leaking between vrf:s for rpf-check.

In one single command, that's tough;-) Option1 in the document specifies how to configure only in sourcePE, however is says you must conigure route-target-import in all receiverPE:s , but maybe it's worth trying with route-target-export in sourcePE instead.

As I mentioned, I haven't done it, and I can't test it in the lab just now. If the answer is unclear let us know, maybe someone out there has already done this, if so let us know.

/Mikael

Cheers,

Thanks for the link, I have been attempting this myself and beginning to wonder if it is even possible. First issue it appears Multicast VPN Extranet Support is only supported on a limited number of platforms, per the Cisco feature navigator. It is supported on the 10000, 7200, 7300, & CAT6000 Sup32/720. Then, in my case 7204, the latest release is 12.2(33)SB. Checking that release I noticed VRF NAT is not supported, not a small feature to drop. Does anyone know why Cisco left this feature out in later releases?

I've tried SSM/MSDP/PIM-Sparse but no luck. It appears the VRF Blue works, due to the fact that is where the source (1.1.1.1) is. I've tried to add a static mroute in VRF Red to the source but no luck.

ip vrf red

rd 1:2

route-target export 1:2

route-target import 1:2

route-target import 1:1

mdt default 232.1.1.2

!

ip vrf blue

rd 1:1

route-target export 1:1

route-target import 1:1

route-target import 1:2

mdt default 232.1.1.1

ip pim bidir-enable

ip pim autorp listener

ip pim vrf blue autorp listener

ip pim vrf red autorp listener

The IP addresses have been changed to protect the guilty.

PE1#mtrace vrf blue 1.1.1.1

Type escape sequence to abort.

Mtrace from 1.1.1.1 to 10.1.1.65 via RPF in VRF blue

From source (?) to destination (?)

Querying full reverse path... * switching to hop-by-hop:

0 10.1.1.65

-1 10.1.1.65 PIM [10.1.1.0/24]

-2 10.1.1.66 PIM [10.1.1.0/24]

-3 * * * 1.1.1.1

PE1#mtrace vrf red 1.1.1.1

Type escape sequence to abort.

Mtrace from 1.1.1.1 to 10.100.101.25 via RPF in VRF red

From source (?) to destination (?)

Querying full reverse path...

0 10.100.101.25

-1 10.100.101.25 None No route

Just remeber one thing your source should be 7200 so that it can use the mdt, untill and unless you the mdt the extranet cannot be possible. So on source end active the neighbor and mdt and on the others it will automatically convert 2:x:y to the same.

regards

shivlu

check the configuration attached.

regards

shivlu