Employers visability of history

Answered Question
Apr 23rd, 2008

My employer is adding my CSCO number to their company profile.

What exactly will they be able to see?

It took a while to pass some of my exams with a few re-takes and certain people within the HO would use this information to their advantage if they could see the info.

Does it just show them what certifications I have passed or does it show the full monty?

Regards

wk.

Correct Answer by svermill about 8 years 10 months ago

Hey wk,

I actually own a small registered partner and I can only run reports on certified personnel. I cannot even see my own exam score/status history through the channel partner website. So just don't give anyone your CSCO login password and you shouldn't have any worries...

Cheers,

Scott

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
tperrier Wed, 04/23/2008 - 00:11

AFAIK, you can't see anything with someone's CSCO number. If you work for a partner, you can see all the company's certified personnel and the certs they hold, but not their history.

Correct Answer
svermill Wed, 04/23/2008 - 11:58

Hey wk,

I actually own a small registered partner and I can only run reports on certified personnel. I cannot even see my own exam score/status history through the channel partner website. So just don't give anyone your CSCO login password and you shouldn't have any worries...

Cheers,

Scott

witchking72 Wed, 04/23/2008 - 14:04

Thanks for the information guys.

It's just a pity that there are certain individuals within the company that have a definite one-up-man-ship complex.

wk72

Kevin Dorrell Wed, 04/23/2008 - 18:10

Frankly, if these "certain individuals" would abuse the fact that you took some time and/or several attempts to get your cert, then I think they have got their priorities wrong.

As a team leader, I would 100% rather have someone working for me that took several attempts to pass honestly than one who passed first time through a braindump. It shows persistence and dedication. The oneupmanship complex shows insecurity.

Anyway, what matters is not the piece of paper, but the information and skills you learned in obtaining it. What matters is your everyday approach to your work, not the paper cert and how long you took to get it.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

avillalva Wed, 04/23/2008 - 20:10

Hold you head up mate,

Taking several attempts means you are honest and genuinely understand your material.

I've learned over the years that the guys that cruised the certs aren't the guys you want working with you.

tperrier Fri, 04/25/2008 - 10:50

> I've learned over the years that the guys that cruised the certs aren't the guys you want working with you.

Don't generalise too much, though. Some people can cruise through the certs because they're fast learners and/or work hard for it.

Actions

This Discussion