Views
Helpful
Replies

Xml Application for a different Locale

tamer1983
Level 1
Level 1

i have call manager 6.0 and phone sets 7942 , 7940 and 7911

i am trying to develop arabic xml services on the phone i have already installed the arabic locale on the call manager and my 7942 set is displaying arabic interface now for everything on the phone except when i am trying to send arabic text

i have these lines at my code :-

""

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");

Response.Charset = "utf-8";

CultureInfo ci = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ar-SA");

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = ci;

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = ci;

""

also the http header returned from the phone is

""

{Connection=close&Accept=x-CiscoIPPhone%2f*%2c+text%2f*%2cimage%2fpng%2c*%2f*&Accept-Charset=utf-8%2cISO-8859-1%3bq%3d0.8&Accept-Language=ar_SA&Host=10.64.14.13&User-Agent=Allegro-Software-WebClient%2f4.34&x-CiscoIPPhoneModelName=CP-7942G&x-CiscoIPPhoneSDKVersion=6.0.2&x-CiscoIPPhoneDisplay=298%2c144%2c3%2cG}

""

so the telephone is accepting arabic language but displays it as small question marks inside squares

if any one can help please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you indicate which character set you're using when sending the message? I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, but I'm always sending the following xml before any CiscoIPPhone elements:

out.write("\r\n");

ISO-8859-1 is Latin1 and covers the locales we commonly use in Europe. I figure in your case it would be something else - probably UTF-8 since that's what you sent your character set to when formulating the response.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you indicate which character set you're using when sending the message? I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, but I'm always sending the following xml before any CiscoIPPhone elements:

out.write("\r\n");

ISO-8859-1 is Latin1 and covers the locales we commonly use in Europe. I figure in your case it would be something else - probably UTF-8 since that's what you sent your character set to when formulating the response.