Views
Helpful
Replies

Xml Application for a different Locale

tamer1983
Level 1
Level 1

i have call manager 6.0 and phone sets 7942 , 7940 and 7911

i am trying to develop arabic xml services on the phone i have already installed the arabic locale on the call manager and my 7942 set is displaying arabic interface now for everything on the phone except when i am trying to send arabic text

i have these lines at my code :-

""

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");

Response.Charset = "utf-8";

CultureInfo ci = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("ar-SA");

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = ci;

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = ci;

""

also the http header returned from the phone is

""

{Connection=close&Accept=x-CiscoIPPhone%2f*%2c+text%2f*%2cimage%2fpng%2c*%2f*&Accept-Charset=utf-8%2cISO-8859-1%3bq%3d0.8&Accept-Language=ar_SA&Host=10.64.14.13&User-Agent=Allegro-Software-WebClient%2f4.34&x-CiscoIPPhoneModelName=CP-7942G&x-CiscoIPPhoneSDKVersion=6.0.2&x-CiscoIPPhoneDisplay=298%2c144%2c3%2cG}

""

so the telephone is accepting arabic language but displays it as small question marks inside squares

if any one can help please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you indicate which character set you're using when sending the message? I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, but I'm always sending the following xml before any CiscoIPPhone elements:

out.write("\r\n");

ISO-8859-1 is Latin1 and covers the locales we commonly use in Europe. I figure in your case it would be something else - probably UTF-8 since that's what you sent your character set to when formulating the response.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you indicate which character set you're using when sending the message? I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, but I'm always sending the following xml before any CiscoIPPhone elements:

out.write("\r\n");

ISO-8859-1 is Latin1 and covers the locales we commonly use in Europe. I figure in your case it would be something else - probably UTF-8 since that's what you sent your character set to when formulating the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: