cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog message CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND

fopravil
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is using AIR-WLC4402-25-K9 with 22 AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9 AP. After WLC software upgrade to version 5.0.148.0 the syslog is full of messages:

2008-04-22 00:00:20 Local0.Error 10.156.93.66 Apr 21 23:01:20.300 ccx_rm.c:2771 CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND: AP 00:1f:9e:78:d8:ff does not exist.

There are no problems with AP registration or function. The address 00:1f:9e:78:d8:ff is address of the DHCP server (and default router).

Have you any idea how to setup the WLC to prevent sending this message to system log?

4 Replies 4

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

This error has got to do with non-registration of access points. Since in your case access points have registered try to reregister them and check if it disappears.

Hi,

I did the WLC restart, and this fixed the problem; no CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND message has been logged since.

Regards

My delight has not lasted long. A day later after the WLC restart, the error messages "ccx_rm.c:2771 CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND: AP 00:1f:9e:78:d8:ff does not exist" reappeared.

All AP are registered, and the AP MAC from the error message is an address of my DHCP server.

I attempted to use commands "debug lwapp event enable" and "debug lwapp packet enable", I have got a lot debug data, but I could not find any relevance to the CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND error message.

Neither another restart of WLC nor reregistering all the AP has helped.

I am still wondering, whether there is anything missing in the WLC configuration, but I cannot find anything.

So I will increase the syslog severity level to critical on the WLC, to ignore the messages.

I have found the cause of the "ccx_rm.c:2771 CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND:" error message:

I have configured the "CCX location Measurement" both in 802.11a and 802.11b bands.

And if the AP radio interface has MAC address 00:1a:30:2d:ae:90, the client, PZ928AA, HP Wireless A+G PCI Card, CCX3 compatible, sends a beacon report for AP Bssid = 00:1a:30:2d:ae:91. WLC cannot find the AP, and sends error message.

When I disabled the "CCX location Measurement", the error messages "ccx_rm.c:2771 CCX-3-AP_NOT_FOUND:" ceased to appear.

Autonomous AP, when they use to broadcast several SSID's for several WLAN's, they use separate MAC address for each SSID. In my case, the SSID with MAC address 00:1a:30:2d:ae:91 is for WLAN No 2.

Does anybody know, what is correct: the client report, saying SSID is using MAC 00:1a:30:2d:ae:91, or the WLC, which is expecting MAC 00:1a:30:2d:ae:90 in the client report?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card