cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Antenna Types for 1400 Series Wireless Bridges

zeisingd
Level 1
Level 1

Deploying 1400 Bridges in a line of site type of configuration. The distance is right at 200 meters between building, am looking for any suggestions in regards to what type of antennas to deploy to get best bandwidth and narrowest beam, since this is in an industrial area.

3 Replies 3

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

David

David if your 1400's have the built in antenna the desision has been made for you, if you have the 1400 with the antenna connection in the face of the unit you will get to choose your antenna.

For your aplcation I would use the AIR-ANT58G10SSA-N Sector antenna this should give you a excellent link.

Cisco Antenna link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b_ps5279_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH

Bill

Hi,

If you want narrowest beamwidth then I would go with AIR-ANT58G28SDA-N antena 4.75°H,4.75°V. However comparing the cost of this antenna the one which Bill suggested I would like to go with what Bill's suggestion.

Beamwidth for AIR-ANT58G10SSA-N is 60° H, 60° V.

-> Sushil

zeisingd
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your responses... I too, was leaning towards those as well, nice to hear it from others as well...

zman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: