cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN & IPsec on same ASA

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

Can it be done? I haven't found any hard data as to if both can run at the same time on the same ASA.

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Of course it can be done, you can have both configured on your ASA for remote access clients to either use Cisco vpn client or clientless vpn to connect to your network vis SSL webvpn.

I have both Ipsec RA and WebVPN and have users utilizing either option to connect to our network.

I assume you have IPsec RA configured already in your ASA , link bellow provides requirements and configuration steps for webvpn, there are other plugins such as RDP plugins etc.. that you may need to configure down the road.. you can do a search on RDP plugins for ASA in main cisco page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008072462a.shtml

HTH

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

roberg1313
Level 1
Level 1

absolutely it can be done and works quite well in fact we are currently running both in production now just need to configure both.

I thought so. I took the CCSP class and could not remember any restrictions using SSLVPN, but wanted to be sure before I told the sales guy yes. Some Cisco rep told him it couldn't be done.

Maybe I should get that cisco rep job!

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card