Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE behind router doing NAT

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Are there any known issues with a WAE sitting behind a router thats static nating addresses? For example, I know connections are being optimized because I can see them using the "sh tfo conn summ" command. These connections do not show up under the Connections Statistics tab in the CM though.

Thanks,

Mike

11 Replies 11

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Mike,

In general, IP address translation at Layer 3 should be ok for non-WAFS traffic.

Does the CM how no output, or just not the connections you are looking for?

Zach

Thanks Zach,

I see the 4050 connections to my other WAE's and I see the SSL connection from the CM to the WAE. There is an FTP transfer going though that I can see in the CLI but not in the CM.

There is not much going through it currently so in the CLI I see all the 4050 connections, the SSL connection and the FTP transfer. The only one thats not in the CM is the FTP transfer.

Mike

Mike,

Email me a screen shot of the CM and CLI output side-by-side.

What WAAS version are you running?

Thanks,

Zach

Thanks Zach,

I emailed the screen shots and cli. I'm running 4.0.17.b.14 on all my WAE's and two CM's.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Was the output taken at the same time? Looking at the established connections on port 4050, the IP addresses match, but the ephemeral ports do not.

What type of NAT is being used? Do you have a topology diagram you can share?

Zach

Zach,

The screen shots and the sh tfo were done moments apart. I have attached a Visio of the setup.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Can you please do the following and send me the output:

1. Take screen shot of connection listing from CM.

2. Get 'sh tfo conn summ' output from WAE CLI.

3. Get output from 'type .tfo_conn_all_stats' command on WAE CLI.

Thanks,

Zach

Thanks Zach.

I shot you an email with everything above.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike. The connection listing that's being dumped and provided to the CM does not match the CLI. I have opened CSCsq02282 for this issue.

Zach

Thanks for the help Zach.

Hi Mike,

How was this problem solved?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: