cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me quality degrades after 20 min on WAN link.

rescueskier
Level 1
Level 1

Background, in my HQ, I have CM 4.1.(3)sr4d with connection to 3845 routers as my PSTN gateway. My remote offices are connected with MPLS links. I have users in my HQ that establish Meet Me Conferences and users from the remote offices join in, and the conference for the remote user works fine for 20 minutes and then the remote user reports the conference call "fades way and become inaudible" The user can hang up and call back and everything is fine. But after 20 minutes, the issue returns. Users that are located in the HQ with the CM don't have this issue. Remote users in the other offices never have had this problem with a one to one call. This only happens when the Meet Me lines are in use. Ideas?

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Make sure QoS is properly configured

Also if using HW conf bridge disable G729b codec, from profile and from CCM service parameters.

Which type of CFB u are using ?

Qos has been configured and reviewed. I am using the software conference bridge from the CCM. I have thought about switching to a HW conference bridge setup to see if that would handle meet me conferences better. I use the G729b codec for my normal day to day inter-office phone calls. Now within the same region, I use G711, so when a meet me call is done, a transcoder is in use, which is provided by the 3845 router at the location with the CCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: