Views
Helpful
Replies

Attention Kevin Blair---Need Assistance with External Adrress BOOK

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,Kevin

I need to deploy a system wide external address book. I ave read your post below but I do not understand how to even do this..

How do you publish the spread sheet? I really am lost on what to do to achive this.

Any ideas will be appreciated

will tell you what i've done. I used a translation pattern to translate to the full number. For example, dial *75 and four digit number. Created a spread sheet with these numbers and published it. This seemed to work well for my customers

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

First, when I said publish, I meant create a spreadsheet with the four digit speed dial extensions, print it out and hand it to all your end users to place near their desk.

Now to the steps.

First Method:

1.) Create a Partition called Speed Dials.

2.) Create a CSS called SpeedDialTranslation and place the Speed Dial Partition in this CSS.

3.) Create a CTI Route Point with DN of *75XXXX and place it into the IPPhone Partition or Partition that is reachable from the Phones CSS.

4.) On the CTI Route Point, Configure Call Forward all Destination as XXXX and CSS to be SpeeddialTranslation

5.) Create your four digit translation and place them into the speed dial partition. CSS for each translation needs to be a CSS that has local, LD calling ability.

6.) In the Called Party Transformation field type the full number of the speed dial created. For Example; Cisco TAC= translation of 1000 to 918005522447.

***Note*** If doing this method and have direct transfer to VM enabled by using * and the extension and the extension is less than 6 digits, you will have to wait for interdigit timeout before the call will complete. The reason is that Call Manager is waiting for the additional digits to match***

Second Method and Easiest:

1.) Create a translation pattern for speed dial and place it into the IPPhone partition

2.) Add the CSS and make sure CSS can call local, LD etc..

3.) Populate the Called Party Transformation with the full DID number. Cisco TAC = 1000 to 918005532447

Excellent Kenvin!

Thanks.

One quick question, is there any advantage of the firts method over the second?

The first looks grander!!!): However the first is very simple and straight forward

Please rate all useful posts

Its more of a preference. I like the first method better because I can set a restriction on who can dial *75 and get to the speed dial list. If you do the second option and want to restrict this, you will have to restrict it on every translation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: