Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory Messed up CCM 4.2

We have CallManager 4.2(3)sr3a which we upgraded from CallManager4.2(3)es22. we had our corporate directory divided into 2 parts; Personnel and Departments. After the upgrade, the department search has totally disappeared. It does not come on any Cisco IP phone model. I would

really appreciate if can get some help regarding this.

13 Replies 13

well, I have an update regarding this. I noticed that the "department search" part of the Corporate directory which previously came up when "directories" button on 7970 phone, now shows up when "services" button is pressed. My question however remains that what does it take to put the "Dept search" back in directories.

are you using an SDK server somewhere? Sounds like you have a custom directory for the XML.

I apologize for posting a little off topic here and I am not trying to hijack your thread, but I have been trying to figure out a way to do this. Can you please shed some light on how you created departmental search option in your phone directory.

If you are using CM4, you can use the SDK server and possibly build a custome XML directory with this tool. If you are using CUCM 5 or 6, you will need to build a custom XML directory or purchase a 3rd party tool. Cisco does not offer much or at all customization of the directory and how it searchs from default

Thanks Tommer-

I had 4.1 and could go in there and tweak the asp files to create custom directories with the default directory using the tutorial in the AVVID book that I have. Is there way to do the same in 6.1. Or I can just create a custom asp file and redirect the directory URI to that file.

What AVVID book do you speak of? I am very interested in adding or changing the Corporate directory under directories and/or adding a department search field. I do not want the directory under services. I would like to have more than one Corporate Directory as well.

A Cisco AVVID Solution:

Developing Cisco IP Phone Services

By: Darrick Deel, Mark Nelson, Anne Smith

Mayank,

We had our vendors do the corporate directory about 2 years back. I did try to go through all the asp and xml fiels but in vein. Sorry about that.

Thanks Naveen. I had an idea of how to do that but was not sure if that was the right way of doing it. I now know that I was right, so will start working on that soon.

For the additional directory, did they use LDAP directory (like AD) or created another custom database.

Thanks again.

Mayank,

I don't think they used LDAP for this. Just another custom database was used.

Thanks.:-)

You can also use 3rd party software. For example http://www.2ring.com/ipps

It's suite of IP Phone services for Cisco IP Phones and there is also Directories feature, where you can have your own adress books and you can also synchronize contacts in these address books with your LDAP server (i.e. MS Active Directory), MS Outlook, Lotus Notes server, MS Excel file or another database.

I apologize for bringing this up again but do you know how the database is synchronized with the CUCM database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: