cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to ACS 1113 via console port

b33gopher
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulty connecting to the console port on a new out of the box cisco 1113 Secure Access Control Server. When connected I don't see anything on the screen (no login prompt etc). I have used hyper-terminal as well as putty with no luck. I did double check and tried connecting to a 2950's console port with one problems. I am using a db9 to rj45 connector on the laptop with rj45 cable which then connects to another db9 to rj45 connect connected to the ACS serial port. All adapters and cables came with the ACS. Here are my settings in hyper terminal....

Baud = 115200

Databits = 8

Parity = N

Stops = 1

Flow control = None

Terminal emulation type = ANSI

I made the following changes in hyper terminal after read a post within this forum. Hyper terminal properties, Settings Tab, ASCII Setup and checked (enabled) "Send line ends with line feeds" and "Echo typed characters locally". This did not make any difference.

3 Replies 3

syedfayum
Level 1
Level 1

Hiiii gpher,

Why don't change the Baud rate and check.

Baud = 9600

Databits = 8

Parity = N

Stops = 1

Flow control = None

Check it out and let me Ok.

oh, I forgot to mention that. I tried several different baud rates including 9600 with no success.

Any luck with this? I have picked up an 1113 for my lab and I have the exact same problem. I've tried several different db9-rj45 adapters, different baud rates, etc. with no luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card