cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading an old AP

shcarmichael
Level 1
Level 1

Have a AIR-AP1120B-A-K9 trying to upgrade radio to g from b. Software upgrade not taking from web interface. HTTP upgrade looks like it is taking but after 9 minutes is the same version as before: c1100-k9w7-mx.122-4.JA1 TFTP upgrade gives error "System Image TAR File is invalid". Upgrade guide says software must be Cisco IOS Release 12.2(13)JA or later but I can't find anything previous to 12.3 All the versions I have tried have not worked.

4 Replies 4

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Your prob;em is the current images exceed the 4Mb limit for HTTP transfers, you need to use TFTP to transfer the new image.

The AP has the same problem earlier versions did not support the larger file sizes for HTTP.

the process is two step first upgrade to 12.2(13) withe TFTP supports large files then the current release

Good luck

Bill

Thank you for the tip. I did succeed to upgrade using TFTP. The problem was my path to the TAR file was not what the web interface wanted to see.

That will do it every time

Well done

Bill

Thanks Bill, helped me out too. I have a 1100 at home, and didn't want to blow the IOS upgrade with no console port if you know what I mean..

Karl Solie

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card