Unanswered Question
Apr 23rd, 2008

I'm troubleshooting an intermittant issue and just wondering if anyone has seen this before... A client is using a web app. to send mail and they are getting a bounce.. The message says

5.4.7 - Delivery Expired (message too old) [Outbound] 452-"<email> is over quota and can't send mail"

The web app is using one of our Exchange 2003 e-mail accounts which isn't over quota and the system is available.

Any ideas?

I do notice a ICID #### Lost message in the logs associated with this message as well.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Donald Nash Fri, 04/25/2008 - 16:25

You don't say what mail server the web app is using for its relay host (I assume it's your IronPort), what server is generating the bounce, etc.

The "ICID lost" messages indicate inbound SMTP connections that were dropped by the sender before being cleanly shut down. They could indicate anything from problems on the remote servers, to network connectivity problems, to remote servers which simply close the SMTP connection when finished rather than issuing a QUIT command. This probably isn't related to your other problem.

steven_geerts Mon, 04/28/2008 - 10:43

you can use a "injection debug log" logsubscription to troubleshout this.
an injection debug log shows all data that is transfered by the logged IP address (or hostname).
this can be very infomative in these cases.

Regards, Steven

This Discussion