cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the max speed of sfp ports on 3560G switches

metdfallon
Level 1
Level 1

Can I ask what is the max speed that the sfp ports on the 3560G switch will operate at. Is it 1Gb ? . I am currently trying to decide whether to loacte some of my switches on particular floors of the building and connect them via F/O cable back to the switches in the computer facility which is where all switches currently exist. We are refurbishing and ideally i would like not to have long UTP cables runs to the computer facility where the patch panel for the entire building also exists. I would intend to put a patch panel on each floor with switches located there also but am concerned that the sfp port may become a bottleneck .

Rgds

Donal

2 Replies 2

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

1 Gbps in each direction.

If you need more bandwith, consider bundling two or more f/o links into an EtherChannel. If you configure the first link correctly as a single-link EtherChannel, you can add the subsequent ones on the fly as and when you decide you need them.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks very much for your quick response to my query Kevin . This will allow me to get ahead and order the units.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card