Views
Helpful
Replies

Unallocated number when port is down, RL,RG, re-routing

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have route list, with two route groups and a gateway in each group. They gateways are H.323 (3825) with E1 connections on both. When the call goes to the first gateway and its E1 interfaces are down I'm receiving cause code 1 unallocated number. I have to change the service parameter for re-routing in the CallManager to true if I want to have re-routing.

This solution isn't good enough for me because I'm receiving the same message when the PSTN is up also. So I have excess re-routing.

I also tried to issue the command "no dial-peer outbound status-check pots" but it doesn't help me. The output from the "debug isdn all" is empty and the cause code is again 1.

I also tried with different dial-peer setups with trungroups because I have 3xE1 and with ports only and the result is also negative.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Zdravkov

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

This is usually as a result of no B channels or ports being available on a gateway for routing a call.

Note that only one gateway should usually be configured per Route Group.

If you have a Route List with an H.323 gateway as the first Route Group, and a second Route Group that should take any

overflow, then sometimes the first H.323 gateway will send a User Busy back to the CallManager if all of its channels/

ports are busy. If this occurs, then the call is not forwarded to the second Route Group in the Route List. If this is how your own Route List is configured, then it is advisable to set both "Stop Routing on User Busy Flag" and "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag" CallManager service parameters to "False" (CCMAdmin > Service > Service Parameters > select a server > Cisco CallManager). This will mean that the CallManager will try other gateways to re-route the call on a User Busy prior to reaching the RouteListExhausted state.

I found resolution of my problem. The command "no dial-peer outbound status-check pots" works but not in every IOS. I have tried with c3825-spservicesk9-mz.124-3i.bin and this command doesn't help me at all. When I changed it to 12.4(19) the router returns disconnect reason/cause "no requested circuit (44)" when PSTN interfaces are down.

So this command resolved my issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: