cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 traffic management

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I have a 6509 with a 30Mb internet connection. During certain times of the day, this connection is maxed out. At these times I am seeing dropped connections from applications including Citrix connections. What are the possible reasons for these dropped connections? What actions could I take to throttle web traffic so Citrix always has bandwidth available?

5 Replies 5

ibrahim.abozaid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

if connections are dropped during congestive periods so we need to apply QoS prioritizes Citrix traffic over Web traffic

Thanks, any good links to set something like this up?

Will something like this help?

Priority queueing...

priority-list 1 protocol ip high tcp 1494

interface vlan 10

ip addr x.x.x.x

no fair-queue

priority-group 1

int gi2/48

Description to ISP

no ip address

switchport

switch acc vlan 10

Priority queing is more for voice and video... you should know that if there is traffic in PQ all other traffic will be waiting for the priority queue to be empty...

Personally, I would go along the lines of CBFWQ and reserve min BW for your citrix traffic. Say 10% of the available BW will be dedicated to citrix when congestion happens. You really need to know baseline of your traffic because you do not want to drop it and make sure the % is right.

Also important is to realize in what direction you got the congestion happening - this will dictate in what direction you need to apply QoS policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card