What Port numbers should I be concerned with for CCENT

Unanswered Question
Apr 24th, 2008
User Badges:

As the title says, what port number should I be concerned with for the CCENT exam. Will the following suffice?

TCP:

21 -FTP

22 -SSH

23 -TELNET

25 -SMTP

53 -DNS SERVER

80 -HTTP

110 -POP3

443 -HTTPS

UDP:

53 -DNS CLIENT

69 -TFTP

Also what services at what layers should I be awayre of?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
celticfc2007 Thu, 04/24/2008 - 07:00
User Badges:

I was starting to answer your question, when I saw the second question. Really, you should just buy a good book. I recommend the official Cisco ICND1 study guide by Wendell Odom. If you learn that book cover to cover + practice, I'm sure you'll ace the test!

Good luck

tim_gulley Mon, 04/28/2008 - 06:21
User Badges:

Those are the port numbers and Transmission Layer Protocols from Odoms ICND1 book!

brianjpisa Mon, 04/28/2008 - 07:39
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Know as many popular ones as you can, not just for the CCENT, but for real world. If you're at your job and somebody says they need a port opened for remote desktop for example, it's a lot quicker and easier knowing it right off the bat then going to look it up.

jim_berlow Mon, 04/28/2008 - 13:20
User Badges:

Your list looks good (as far as I can tell). I have not attempted that exam for many, many years, though (and it has changed significantly during that time) - so I would venture that if your textbook only covers these ports then you are probably good knowing just those ports.

Jim

jim_berlow Mon, 04/28/2008 - 13:26
User Badges:

BTW - what UDP / TCP port does EIGRP reside on? (Hint...this is a trick question)...

...How about RIP?

...How about OSPF?

...How about BGP?

Sorry, couldn't resist - every Cisco certified person should learn these...

Actions

This Discussion