cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting Directory Numbers in the Directory

a.siddle
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I am sure this is probably a simple question but how does one go about restricting the numbers in the directory for versions 4 and 6?

Many thanks

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a not a way unfortunately. You would need to create separate ldap directory just for this. In Active Directory and CUCM 6, CUCM points to the OU that contains the users or LDAP entiries. There is no way to "hide" these entries or pick and chose which users you want to list or not to list.

There are many third party apps out there that will handle this request. Or if you are savy in the XML department, you can probably write a script for this.

cheers

many thanks for your reply. So then how would this work in a multitenant situation. When I dont want customer a seeing customer b's number on their screen?

the answer to that as Tommer mentioned would be a custom directory using XML to filter the directory entries, there is no easy way to achieve this if you intend to have a multitenant environment

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, so who wants to go in and develop this third party app and sell it! Seems like everyone wants it these days!

cheers!

Ok so can you remove the corporate directory completely off the phone? If so how does one go about doing that?

I am very surprised that in a time when hosted ccm is becoming big how difficult it is to not display another customers number in the corporate directory.

You can, in the Enterprise System parameters. Just delete the URL from it and it will not be available system wide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: