cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using * or #

mikepinto
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use the symbols '*' or '#' in a phone extension? For example, 33* or 33#. I am using CME and the reason for wanting to do this is for easier use of Intercom feature.

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

Mike,

I just tried it in mine, and it let me configure it. However, whether or not the phones actually allow you to dial it is another story. Im not understanding your reasoning as far as wanting to use * or # as opposed to the traditional way of configuring intercoms on CME. My intercoms are configured as follows:

ephone-dn 22

number 1111

label Intercom

description Intercom

name Intercom

intercom 1112

!

!

ephone-dn 23

number 1112

label Intercom

description Intercom

name Intercom

intercom 1111

!

!

!

ephone 6

device-security-mode none

mac-address 001D.A291.218E

username "xxxx" password xxx

speed-dial 1 94046680371 label "K-Love Cellphone"

type 7971

button 1:11 2m10 3m12 5:22

!

!

!

ephone 7

device-security-mode none

mac-address 0014.A9DE.E666

username "xxx" password xxx

type 7960

button 1:12 2:23

Hope that helped.

i agree with Kenneth, actually the recommendation is to make the intercom DNs something that cannot be dialed from another phone using not only digit

Configuring Intercom Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinter.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Kenneth,

Thanks for the post. The reason we wanted the symbols is for end-users only having to remember the extension of the person. Eg. if my extension is 1234, then my intercom would be *1234. I just tested it out and it does work.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: