cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help.. Setting up Cisco CallManager TSP with MS outlook…

magic1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get Cisco CallManager TSP with Microsoft outlook to work. I only see IPCONFIG LINE & H323 Line in Dialing options.

Below are the steps that I've done.

- In CallManager, I checked Allow Control of Device from CTI in User Information, checked Allow Control of Device from CTI in phone types, and also checked Allow Control of Device from CTI in Directory Number Information.

- I downloaded & installed the Cisco Telephony Service Provider (Plugins) from CallManager.

- In phone & Modems options\advance tab, I see CiscoTSP001.tsp, I click Configure, In the USER tab under security I enter the user name and password that I log in with CCMUSER. In CTI Manager TAB, I entered call manger's IP for primary CTI Manager Location & a secondary Call manager IP in the Backup CTI Manager Location. In security tab, I entered call manager's IP in TFTP Setting.

- Rebooted dozens of times.

- And only see IPCONFIG LINE & H323 Line in Dialing options.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

John

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John,

Take a look at the following file on the machine where the TSP is installed:

c:\program files\cisco\ciscotsp.txt

Follow the steps in the "Installing the Wave Drivers" section.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

cuevas
Level 5
Level 5

John,

I'm actually do that same thing right now, and I'm seeing the same thing you are. Seems to me that the TSP is not communicating with Call Manager. I see the correct settings in the Registry and such.

Thanks for the reply Brandon, but the wave drivers did not solve the issue...

Cuevas, I will respond on here if I find the solution.

it also seems to me that TSP is not communicating with Call Manager, and I am working with our antivirus software, thinking that it may be the issue.

Two things to check, have you associated the user to the correct phone and have you added them to the standard CTI enabled group?

bkvalentine
Level 1
Level 1

John,

In my experience, I have had to go into the user account in CallManager and enter the password again (the same password) and save it. Then reboot the client computer one more time. That has done the trick for me several times before.

Also, you can go into the CiscoTSP001.tsp, click configure, and you can set the TSP client for debugging. I have found those debugs can be helpful in troubleshooting.

HTH

Brian

Hi John,

Are you using AD for Ldap, I have seen this before in v5.1 and suspected the authentication/autherisation with AD was at fault.

Yes i am. I'm thinking its something to do with the Windows XP Firewall. The customer has a strict policy. Plus the voice vlan can not access the Data vlan

Hi all,

I've been trying to find the right way to install TSP with CUCM 6.0 and document for our PC techs.

From what I've seen, if you set up the device, DN and User in CUCM BEFORE installing TSP you have no problems.

Just make sure that the user is configured properly; associate the device and the primary DN. THEN install TSP on the PC.

If you installed TSP first, you will not see the extensions (will be at the bottom after installed properly). You have to follow the instructions from the text file to uninstall and reinstall the Wave Drivers.

Good luck! I hope this helps anyone else struggling with this.

~ Liz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: