Views
Helpful
Replies

attendant console "error communicating with the server"

alberto.orden
Level 1
Level 1

hi to all,

when i install the attendant console client in my xp,that is in other vlan that servers i can not open the attendant console "error communicating with the server", there is no problem with the communication because i have an ip communicator register in the ccm 4.2(1). there is no firewall between servers and the xp. i tried to place my client in the server's vlan and everything ok.

Need some help.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that does sound like you have something blocking or misrouting the packets as you mention that on the same vlan it does work.

If there is a firewall placed between the TCD server and AC client, you need open the

following ports:

TCP Port: 1099-1129, 2748

UDP Port: All ports (the udp ports are used for the line status)

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi javalenc,

There is no firewall between them.

Regards

no firewalls or antivirus that could be blocking the packets on the PC?

no ACLs along the way?

if Windows XP disable the OS firewall on the client machine

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

xp firewall is disabled, and there is just a catalyst with no acls, it is really curious.

regards

Is the attendent console server service running? What cucm server do you have specified in the client app? I had some problems with the service configuration (device auth user and JTAPI user must match), but error message is different.

I have the same problem, the attendant console, IP Phone and CUCM 6.1 are on the same vlan and same subnet, no firewalls.

The service is runnin fime, in fact ive reset it a few times, in the RTMT everything is running fine.

I resolve the problem looking at the LOGS, since i dont have an internal DNS, the PC was unable to resolve the name, initally i modified the LMhosts an host in de windows/system32/drivers/etc folder however in the Console atendant logs i saw that it was trying to resolve not only the name but the domain also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: