Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME- call tranfer and call wait problem

eljose_lol
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have CCME 4.0 in router 2811, the case is when i recive a PSTN call, i try tranfer it, i make the new call, and i heard the ring of the other phone, then i cancel the call and return with the previus call, and i still hear the ring tone of the cancel call,

why this possible?

29 Replies 29

Not applicable

Is the PSTN connectivity through the FXO port. This issue could be due to FXO disconnect issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

thanks for your reply.

The issue is not a FXO disconnect issue because when i have a call waiting from the PSTN i try to transfer it to another ip phone, I hear the ring tone but when I cancel it (without answer the call), I continue hearing this ring tone.

PHONE PSTN

|

| transfer

IP PHONE A ----------------> IP PHONE B

I hope any ideas

Best Regards

Which exact IOS are you running ?

c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-4.xc6

There are newer and better versions, but what you have is known to work. Please state again what the problem is, because transfer are made with the transfer softkey, not with new call.

the call is maked with both transfer softkey and new call button, the problem is when 2 ip phones try to tranfer a call

Have you found anything on this yet? I have several systems with the same issue.

What issue described exactly ?

When I receive a phone call and warm transfer to another extension and no one answers and I get the call back before the voicemail picks up there is a ringing that occurs only on my end. If the voicemail picks up and I bring the call back there is not any ringing. I am assuming there is a configuration issue since it is happening on both a CME and UC500.

Sorry I'm still unable to understand.

What is "call back before voicemail picks up" ? Do you mean "ringback tone" ?

What is the ringing at your end, is the phone ringing, or your hear a ringback tone in the phone handset ?

What means "I bring the call back there" ?

I have a call on my line (customer A). I soft transfer it to an extension and that user (user b) does not answer. I end the transfer call with user B and resume my previous call customer A. Once I am speaking with customer A again, there is a ringing in my handset. I am the only one that can hear this however. Customer A does not hear the ringing at all only our conversation.

How do you cancel the transfer to B ? When you hear the ringback tone, is phone B still ringing ?

Also please state exact IOS used (first line of "show version") and phone FW (can be seen from settings, device status).

I am using a Cisco 7960 with version 8.0(9.0) and I cancel the transfer by hitting end call to end the transfer to User B and then resume on the call with customer A. User B's phone is not ringing when the ringing is occurring on my handset. I have a UC500 with UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2).

Hi,

can you try 7.2.T23 for the 7960 ?

These FW files are found exclusively in the 7940/60 CME phoneload from the "XC" archive, access from voice -> cme -> individual files.

This will also fix the issue of the phone becoming not responsive at times, if you experience that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: