cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP is stopping Unity

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

When we try to RDP to our primary unity server from our desks the connection stops users from getting to their unity messages. If a user hits the message button it tries to intialize the call but then just drops it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

I usually disable Terminal services and just go with VNC. That can be resource (CPU) intensive on a busy server.

Best thing is an IP KVM, but usually expensive.

There is HP's ILO, but you have to purchase a license for graphical mode. Don't know how much that is. Haven't used it since the Novell days when you had to purchase a separate EISA board.

Most of your web page administration should be coming from HTTP from your PC. I see people VNC or RDP into a server then launch the browser from there. Try not to do this. But you sometimes have to because of all the "Stuff" on people's PC don't let the web pages work correctly. Especially JAVA.

Worked perfect. Rob, I should just take down your work email since you seem to be answering all my questions.

Hi Efrain,

Glad to be of some small help here :) You will find many answers here from many helpful people. I'm just happy to be part of things!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: